5 foods that starve cancer
- Posted on: Apr 25 2019
As information about the relation between nutrition and cancer becomes more available, scientists, doctors, and the public are focusing on ways to avoid cancer altogether.
A microscopic cancer tumor can grow up to 16,000 times its original size in as little as 2 weeks. But new groundbreaking research from The Angiogenesis Foundation proposes that you can stop cancer before it begins to grow. This new preventive approach is called anti-angiogenesis.
Anti-angiogenesis encourages that, by changing the way you eat, you can change your “internal environment,” thereby depriving cancer cells the opportunity to grow and multiply.
MexicanCancerClinics.com has put together a list of 5 foods that, if eaten in the correct portions and frequency, can provide cancer-starving benefits. Below are 5 foods to eat that can prevent cancer growth:
- Bok Choy, This type of Chinese cabbage contains brassinin; a powerful cancer-fighter, also found in broccoli, cauliflower, and Brussels sprouts. Bok Choy should be eaten 3 times a week, in 1/2 cup servings to obtain its full benefits.
- Cooked Tomatoes have more cancer-fighting properties than raw tomatoes. Both contain the molecule lycopene, but heating the tomato changes its chemical structure and makes the benefits more readily available to your body. You should eat 2-3 (1/2 cup) servings of cooked tomatoes a week.
- Flounder, This fish is rich in omega-3 fatty acids and low in mercury. Three 6-ounce servings a week is ideal.
- Strawberries, The antioxidants in this berry help fight cancers. You should eat 1 cup a day, including the juice.
- Artichokes contain 3 different cancer-fighting molecules. Enjoy a ¼ cup of hearts per day.
Despite maintaining a balanced diet, there are still people that struggle to put off the weight, for cases like these there are also bariatric surgery options in Mexico to ensure the process, including Gastric Sleeve, Bypass and Lap Band.
Posted in: Nutrition and Cancer